In the spirit of the holidays, I want to end the year with a fun blog post – my data Christmas list. Here is what I’m wishing for this year:
- I wish that all lost datasets may be found. No dataset should be away from home, especially at Christmas.
- For the data elves to visit in the night and work miracles on documentation.
- A good backup system under every researcher’s tree.
- For data to be shared as freely as Christmas joy.
- Folders all lined up along the mantle in a logical organization structure with a good naming system and filled with brilliant data.
- Data analysis that is easy to prepare and won’t make a mess of the kitchen; researchers never enjoy an undercooked (or overcooked) analysis.
- World peace. Or at least making peace with one’s data.
I hope you all have a lovely holiday season. May your data be merry and bright!